harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]remove the duplicate locale data
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:43:39 GMT
Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
> I still see 2% *degradation* on SPECjbb2005. That's better than
> previous 7% degradation, but please postpone this patch anyway. We
> might look into the issue.

While I agree that performance is important, it is not the only
consideration.  If this patch fixes a number of bugs then it should be
considered on that merit, and we should look into retrieving the
performance numbers on a more capable implementation.

To put it another way, if we don't have to comply with the correctness
principle, then we can make much greater progress on the performance
goals :-)

Regards,
Tim