harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [external] One more opportunity of QA for Harmony
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:14:22 GMT
Sian January wrote:
> I think it would be really good to scan the classlib code.  I spent some
> time last year fixing bugs found by FindBugs and although a lot of them were
> minor there were a handful of quite serious ones that were definitely worth
> the time spent.  There is a fair amount of manual post-evaluation work, but
> surely it can't hurt to get the report and then fix the issues as and when
> people have time.

The key is to do as you did though, and document those "false positives"
in a way that they are removed from subsequent analyses.  There are a
number of places in implementing the core class libraries themselves
that require techniques which would be considered bad practice for
application coding.

Regards,
Tim