harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: [performance] quick sort is 4x slower on Harmony
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 04:07:16 GMT
> The main reason is that I didn't want to mention all copyright and license
> issues here. It's GPL licensed code, and db4objects owns the copyright. I
> don't think everyone here is allowed to read GPL code at will.

What a sick world.

Too bad you posted it two posts later, then - hopefully those folks cut
their eyes out right away..

> The code on the blog entry is indeed slower on Harmony. Harmony is young,
> and moving fast. Do we need to hide problem if there's a problem? I think
> the archive of this mailing list can be also searched by many search
> engines. Shall we also forbid to use any 'bad' words here?

No - you must not have read my email.

> But if you think the blog entry is not objective, it's another story. The
> code in the blog is indeed slower and it's deterministic.

In one month time it will probably (hopefully!) not be accurate, but
your blog entry will still be there, without any context - people will
find it, and wonder - "say, Harmony must suck really hard..". Which
probably is the sane thing to think, given that there is no context to
view the statement in.

I probably should stop repeating myself now.

Endre.