harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: [performance] quick sort is 4x slower on Harmony
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 12:20:51 GMT
Andrew Zhang wrote:
> On Dec 24, 2007 7:44 AM, Nathan Beyer <nbeyer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Can post the code that you're seeing this in? At least a
>> representative example of the code would be needed to do any analysis.
>

> Hi,
>
> You can find code here:
> http://zhanghuangzhu.blogspot.com/2007/12/quicksort-runs-slower-on-harmony.html

Just out of curiosity: what's the benefit of posting it on a blog, and
not simply including it in the mail, as you did two posts later?

On the negative side: Your blog doesn't give any markup benefits,
coloring - indenting is indeed fully lost (as was the <'s and >'s). Your
blog entry is totally out of context. It will be indexed by all search
engines in the universe, and any search on "harmony slower" will give
this particular blog entry as hit, and since it doesn't have any context
as mailing list archives do, it will be counted as "harmony is worse" by
anyone doing the search, and not as "harmony focuses on performance", as
the mailing list hit will be.

Seriously, I'm just curious to the reasoning behind the blog post.

Endre.