harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Zakharov, Vasily M" <vasily.m.zakha...@intel.com>
Subject [drlvm] -javaagent option not supported
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:09:24 GMT

I've noticed Harmony launcher doesn't support -javaagent startup option.
That option is a part of J2SE5 spec [1], so it probably should be
supported.

The java.lang.instrument package (the option is part of) exists in
Harmony classlib, and the question of having the option support has
quite a story in discussion [2] [3], but the option is not yet
supported. There's even a JIRA issue [4] for this problem for IBM VME.

What is the status for this for DRLVM/launcher? Shouldn't we have a JIRA
for it?

Why I'm asking: Geronimo uses that option and provides it's own jpa.jar.
The option may be easily omitted, so it's not a big problem, but it'd be
good to understand the situation.

Thanks!

[1]
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/instrument/package-sum