harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Zakharov, Vasily M" <vasily.m.zakha...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [security] Which KeyStore to choose?
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:27:33 GMT

I'm going to specify a default to use by Geronimo when it's running on
Harmony.

PKCS12 [1] is RSA Labs keystore format. It has the advantage that it is
supported
by both RI and BouncyCastle, but it's not Java-specific, and is
supported also by
Internet Explorer and other applications.

Do I understand you correctly that as Harmony uses BC that has BKS as
default keystore,
so the BKS is the best default choice, right?

Vasily

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PKCS12

-----Original Message-----
From: Mikhail Loenko [mailto:mloenko@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:43 PM
To: dev@harmony.apache.org
Subject: Re: [security] Which KeyStore to choose?

are you talking about ability to specify for Harmony or for Geronimo?

Default for any JRE is specified in the .java.security configuration
file. BKS is something from BC provider by definition. What is PKCS12?

2008/1/17, Zakharov, Vasily M <vasily.m.zakharov@intel.com>:

> I fully agree with that, but besides, we should propose some choice to
> use by default.
> That's what I'm asking for.
>
> Vasily

Closed Joint Stock Company Intel A/O
Registered legal address: 125252, Moscow, Russian Federation,
Chapayevsky Per, 14.