harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [build] managing external dependencies
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 09:28:18 GMT

On 23 January 2008 at 2:32, "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com>
wrote:
> 2008/1/22, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com>:
> >
> > On 22 January 2008 at 23:07, "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> > > Looks like the problem with libstdc++ versions again. drlvm build
> > > creates symbolic links to icu libraries in linux.x86 while now this
> > > directory is empty and the files exists in linux.x86.libstdc++6 only.
> > I don't see how you'd get this type of issue if -Duse.libstdc++6=true
> > (or =false) was passed consistently to both the classlib and drlvm build.
> Hmm... It works if build vm separately. But does not work while federated
> build.

I set "use.libstdc++6=true" in ~/.harmony-classlib.properties which gets
sourced (but both classlib and drlvm since drlvm uses classlibs
properties.xml).  This meant I wasn't seeing the fact that use.libstdc++6
was not being passed correctly from the federation build down to classlib
and drlvm.

I hope that r614462 should fix this for you.

-Mark