harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [build] managing external dependencies
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 22:25:42 GMT

Could someone with windows who has run a build since r612947 but before
r613291 please test the patch attached to:

I'd like to check that it correctly forces people to get the updated
zip file (containing a .lib file) and that the rest of the cleanup
in the patch[0] doesn't break the build.

Thanks,
 Mark.

[0] There were two separate sections in the build-native.xml copying
the icu link-against libraries - one for z/os .x files and one for
windows .lib files.  The .lib file was also copied in to the hdk on
linux which was a little bit pointless.

On 17 January 2008 at 19:44, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I've committed r612947 with the trickiest part of the icu dll
> restructuring now.  Hopefully I've not broken too much.
>
> A clean (pre-fetch-depends) classlib svn tree shrinks from 542M to just
> 265M.  Of course, some of it will be added back by fetch-depends but
> even so that is a massive improvement.
>
> Thanks to Tim for prompting me to do this - though typically it turned
> out to be a can of worms[0].
>
> Regards,
>  Mark.
>
> [0] http://www.answers.com/topic/can-of-worms
>
> On 17 January 2008 at 11:31, "Alexey Petrenko"
> <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks, Mark!
> >
> > SY, Alexey
> >
> > 2008/1/16, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com>: