harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: latest stable packages JRE packages - jre-r603534 (M4)
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:15:52 GMT

On 17 January 2008 at 6:04, "Vasily Levchenko" <vasily.v.levchenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Konstantin, folks,
>
> On Jan 16, 2008 5:25 PM, Konstantin Lupach <konstantin.lupach@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Mark, can you please comment what are the licensing issues
> > preventing us from libstdc++ redistribution you are talking about?
>
> There shouldn't any legal issues as soon as libstdc++ is LGPL'ed

Vasily, where did you find a reference to libstdc++ and LGPL.  If I look
at the debian copyright file for libstdc++ it only mentions GPL.  (It
mentions an exception to libstdc++ v3 which I think still applies but
I'd have to check.)

Unlike libc which is a separate package, libstdc++ is really part of
gcc/g++ which is GPL so that is the license I always assumed it had?

Regards,
 Mark.