harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [external] One more opportunity of QA for Harmony
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:54:41 GMT

On 10 January 2008 at 14:40, "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipilev@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've just recently noticed the tool [1] developed by Coverity, which
> does static code analysis for projects. It seems to be used by major
> OSS players as another opportunity for QA: that include but no limited
> to Linux kernel, Samba, Perl, Python, PHP. Moreover, they recently
> introduce Java support. Even though it's focus is security, judging
> on reports it could detect memory leaks and other stability-important
> stuff. I think it's worth to try scan Harmony. What do you think?

I'd also noticed that they had started accepting Java-based projects.
I think we should ask them to scan Harmony code.

Perhaps we should break it down a little rather than submitting the
entire code base as one project.  I also think we should *not* submit
code - such as modules/concurrent - where we don't have the ability to
fix the upstream versions ourselves.

I'd be happy to contact them regarding scanning the classlib code if
people think it would be a good idea.

-Mark.