harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vasily Levchenko" <vasily.v.levche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: latest stable packages JRE packages - jre-r603534 (M4)
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 03:04:23 GMT
Hello Konstantin, folks,

On Jan 16, 2008 5:25 PM, Konstantin Lupach <konstantin.lupach@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Mark, can you please comment what are the licensing issues preventing us
> from libstdc++ redistribution you are talking about?

There shouldn't any legal issues as soon as libstdc++ is LGPL'ed, but you
could/should be ready to met some technical problems and unpredictable
behavior ;). One of the Linux problem that almost all Linux distribution has
it's own changes in the stack libc/libstdc++ and other system libraries
including changes in the kernel, so it's better to use libstdc++ that
installed in Linux distribution. External versioning  we've talked above for
the most UNIX distribution (external/internal versioning comes from SUN
Solaris/SunOS)  resolved with requirement  to  install  compat-package (from
vendor of Linux distribution)  that just place in library pathes
(/lib;/usr/lib and so on) libraries of the required versions. Automatically
it could be solved with distribution in packages (rpm, pkg and so on).

--
--vvl