harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][jndi][compat] Shoud Harmony support ri's ldap provider specific properties?
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:38:27 GMT
On 13/12/2007, Stepan Mishura <stepan.mishura@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/11/07, Regis <xu.regis@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > There are some provider-specific environment properties defined in ri's
> > ldap provider, such as,
> > com.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.timeout,  com.sun.jndi.ldap.trace.ber
> >
> > I'm not sure how to deal with these properties, should we support them
> > for compatibility reason
>
> Are this properties well documented/included to the spec? IOW, is it
> possible to implement them without looking to the code?

Nothing that starts "com.sun" is part of the official spec, although as
Regis said, in this case it would be possible to implement these
properties without looking at the code.  If we're talking about the general
case it may not be possible or desirable to do this for other properties.
For example a property that improves some kind of performance on another
implementation would be unlikely to have the same effect on Harmony even if
we did support it, which could be confusing for users.

Thanks,

--
Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.