harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jitrino]A question of pipeline and method filter
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:13:40 GMT
Hi Simon,
On Dec 17, 2007 2:35 PM, Simon Chow <simon.harmony@gmail.com> wrote:

> First, I am just a beginner for OPT.
> I find a file named opt.emconf in default vm. Is it the default
> configuration of compilation pipeline in OPT?

Yes, this configuration file is used when you pass -Xem:opt option to VM.
'opt' here is the name of the file. You can specify the full path to your
custom configuration file with -Xem option or put it into 'bin/default'
directory and use the filename only (file extension is optional).

> My question is that, Is Harmony VM able to change the pipeline or method
> filters at runtime?
> i.e. Could I specify a pipeline(named P) to a method (named M)
> dynamically?

You can't change JIT configuration in runtime but you can use command line
to override any of existing "-XX" option stored in emconf file at startup.
The format is the same as in emconf - you can just copy it and use in
command line.

--
Mikhail Fursov