harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "junguo pu" <pojo...@gmail.com>
Subject A problem, when load the picture
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 14:22:21 GMT
Hi, all:

I'm glad to see the progress you make everyday, although problems are
unaviodable.

In our opinion, the gap between harmony and sun is not the functions whether
full-scale but the functions' haleness and stableness.

For example, the picture load mechanism. When we start to load a .png, there
are two main threads: EventDispatchThread and ImageLoadThread. Here we can
see harmony use a single interface to insure the asynchronous picture
communicating with the ImageLoadThread by using BufferedImage.getWidth()
method. But without a management, how can you assure that whether
ImageLoadThread loaded the picture has done, when it return the image
instance.

Maybe if we compounding our modules under harmony imaging rules cover some
problems, but you never know the users will do under which order.

Picture loding is the typical problem of such kind. So we hope that harmony
will consider more cases than just implementing the functions' interface
independently.

More problems we meet will be submit.
Regards.

Jorcco Poo