harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][object]
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:52:40 GMT
On Dec 21, 2007 4:58 PM, Simon Chow <simon.harmony@gmail.com> wrote:
> In my view, java object structure is defined as managedObject in
> object_layout.h

Right, that's the VM side of the definition. In GC, it has another
type for the same thing: Patial_Reveal_Object. They both only
partially reveals the object header definition.

The object fields are laid out in Class::assign_offsets_to_fields()
and related methods.
Basically you can find the info in vm/vmcore/src/class_support/prepare.cpp.

Array has its own counterpart definitions.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com