harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] M4 candidate (r603534) testing status.
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:05:01 GMT
On Dec 14, 2007 5:44 PM, Evgueni Brevnov <evgueni.brevnov@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > >   - Windows_x86_64: 3 failures by TimeoutException.
> > >   Regression? I previously incorrectly reported that they are
> > > intermittent. They stably fail on M4 builds.
> > >
> > > * Reliability
> > >
> > >     Failed on x86 platforms but they also failed on M3
> > >     api.net.HttpConnectionTest (I wonder why HARMONY-5266 didn't fixed it)
> > >     api.net.SingleConnectTest
> > >
> > >   - Linux_x86:
> > >
> > >     Regresions:
> > >     api.kernel.object.ObjectFinalizeTest
> > >     api.kernel.throwable.StackTraceExcptsTest
> > >     api.text.DecimalFormat_Locales
> > >     api.zip.ZipEntryIterateThreadingTest
> > >     api.zip.ZlibTest
> > >     vm.finalization.FinalizeThrowRestoreTest
> > >     vm.stack.StackUnwindTest
> > >
> > >     They also failed on M3:
> > >     api.nio.channels.filechannel.FileChannelMapTest
> > >     api.nio.channels.filechannel.MappedByteBufferForceTest
> > >     api.serialization.SerializableClassesTest
> > >
> > >   - Windows_x86
> > >
> > >     Regresions:
> > >     api.kernel.string.InternThreadingTest - regression
> > >     api.kernel.thread.Calculation.CalcTest
> > >     api.kernel.thread.RecursiveThreadTest
> > >     api.kernel.thread.StackTraceTest
> > >     api.kernel.thread.Synchronization
> > >     api.kernel.thread.ThreadArrayTest
> > >     api.kernel.threadgroup.EnumerateTest
> > >     api.net.DatagramTest
> > >     api.serialization.SerializableClassesTest
> > >     vm.stack.StackUnwindTest
> > >
> > >   - Linux_x86_64:
> > >
> > >     Regressions:
> > >     vm.classloading.ClassCastTest
> > >
> > > * Stress
> > >
> > >   - Linux_x86:
> > >     StackUnwindingManyObjectsTests: 5 fails on M3 too (HARMONY-5158 /
> > > test issue?)
> > >     Fragmentation, FragmentationFinalizer, FragmentationReference:
> > > HARMONY-5159 (wasn't run during M3 so not regression)
> > >
> > >   - Windows_x86:
> > >      StackUnwindingManyObjectsTests: 5 fails on M3 too (HARMONY-5158 /
> > > test issue?)
> > >      FragmentationReference: HARMONY-5159 (wasn't run during M3 so not
> > > regression)
> > >
> > >   - Linux_x86_64:
> > >     jni.arguments,jni.arrays - fails on M3 too so not regression / HARMONY-????
> > >     MEMORY001, MEMORY003 - HARMONY-5047 (fails on M3 too so not regression)
> > >
> > >   - Windows_x86_64:
> > >     NotSynchThreads.ManyClasses - crash (HARMONY-5003), regression
> > >     Fragmentation, FragmentationFinalizer, FragmentationReference:
> > > HARMONY-5159 (wasn't run during M3 so not regression)
>
> Hi,
>
> Fragmentation & FragmentationFinalizer tests have been enabled in Q4
> since revision 601041. They made six successfull runs (by CC) since
> that. Unfortunately last two runs failed with the same stack trace. So
> we have a regression since revision 603102 (or probably this is
> intermittent failure).
>
> If you look closer at HARMONY-5159 you would realize that this JIRA
> states another problem which has no relation with current issue.
>
> Do we treat it as critical problem for M4?

Evgueni, Do you ask if H5159 is critical or the other issue is
critical? Probably we should ask JIT people to answer if H5159 is
critical. Stepan said it's not a regression. If you ask about the
other issue (performance in Linux86), I guess we can only evaluate it
after the OOME problem is solved, because to me it's hard to expect
the behavior if the memory is out (without handling) while finalizers
are under processing.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--