harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jin Mingjian" <jin....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][general] Multi-tasking VM?
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 07:44:57 GMT
Hi,

MVM still has its seat in some cases, I think. The one of features is
the ''Isolation" characteristic(Isolation API,JSR121). If we use make
JVM as a base of OS(that is, Java os), MVM is the nature choose. One
thing is, the "Isolation" is much lightweight than process, as far as
I know.
Hence, althogh some cache and sharing techniques have decreased the
requirement of mvm, mvm is still more beatuiful.
Another thing to my interesting, the potential relationship between
OSGI and Isolation. I have not  more time to investigate this
question.

Jin