harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [committers] Disk usage
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:57:22 GMT
> I bring a (paraphrased) message from the ASF Board to our committers...
> Please reduce the disk usage in personal home directories.  They are not
> designed for storing large quantities of project data.  In particular,
> we should not be storing multiple snapshot builds and test results,
> which runs to millions of files.

I'm going to remove M4 tests reports from my home dir. IMO the reports
were very valuable. And I remove them with a little compunction
because some open JIRA will contain broken links.

Currently I see the only one way to reduce files number - not to
publish reports generated by JUnitReport and publish only a suite's
output. In the beginning of the M4 I updated the infra to publish
output for VTS VM suite (that saved approx. 70K files per snapshot).
And now I think the same should be done for others.

> I realize this is hard with the size of Harmony's code base and number
> of tests that we are running, but the machine is a shared resource so we
> have to be modest with the number of old builds we keep around.
> Regards,
> Tim

View raw message