harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni] Problems merging TreeMap to Java 6 branch
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 11:28:08 GMT
Hi,

2007/12/6, Sergey Kuksenko <sergey.kuksenko@gmail.com>:
> I'd like to mention that HARMONY-5265 fixes all EUT on my runs.
> Let's wait official EUT checking.

I'm reading this, really great :)

> Also I'd like to share some performance measurements:
> HARMONY-5265 gives 4%-9% boost for SPECjbb2005. Different boosts depends on
> HW (different processors have different caches and memory sensitivity).
> Note: HARMONY-5232 gives only 2%-5% boost.

Very amazing improvement! Though I dont know how much will java6
TreeMap will gain from this(because of the complex structure), at
least, the new idea(downgrade treemap to sorted array) open a new way
to improve TreeMap and other similar collection utility classes.

> Also I have a bunch of numbers for different micro-benchmarks and I am
> planning to process and share them next week.
>

> On 12/5/07, Sergey Kuksenko <sergey.kuksenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > FYI:
> > I've alredy fixed some regressions and I am working on all others.

> > > with
> > > M4.
> > >
> > > Ok, then I'll let the two versions (Java 5 & 6 branches) diverge for the
> > > moment, with the intention that they will be merged again into a single
> > > version that represents the best aspects of the two we have got today,
> > > sometime after M4.
> > >
> > > Let us know when you have a fix for the Java 5 regression
> > > (HARMONY-5248).
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Tim
> > >

> > --
> > Best regards,
> > ---
> > Sergey Kuksenko.
> > Intel Enterprise Solutions Software Division.
> >

> --
> Best regards,
> ---
> Sergey Kuksenko.
> Intel Enterprise Solutions Software Division.

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM