harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Regression caused by compressed VTable pointers
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:15:13 GMT
Eugene,
  A stress test is intended to verify that the system works correctly upto
the the max limits supported by the design. In this case ~ 8MB of vtable
space which is large enough for > 30000 classes.
  Any stress test can be constructed to go beyond any design constraint, it
does not give us much new information. I think that it makes sense to leave
it as a failing test. We can rethink if we need to support more in the next
milestone, and what's the best way to do it. A good way would be to
investigate if an Eclipse type scenario can be found that actually loads
more than 34000 classes.
Thanks,
Rana