harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Harmony build
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 07:16:45 GMT
Not all the deprecation is due to the new secure apis in MSVC8. There is
some deprecation disabled by _CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE for functions( mostly
string eg., stricmp() ) that are not part of standard C library, but in
POSIX. So all three defines are possibly needed to supress all warnings.

Just turning off the warnings is not the best solution, but I can't think of
a more portable approach.

Thanks,
Rana