harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Declare M4 == r603534 ?
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:01:08 GMT
Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> There is a number of regressions during interactive scenarios. I filed
> a bug placeholders:
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-5315 [ega] windows
> scenario hangs a computer
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-5316 [ega] linux scenario
> fails somehow right after the help step
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-5317 [ehwa] linux scnario fails
>
> The issues need additional investigation to understand what actually
> happens. The possible cause is Harmony performance degradation, so
> scenario timeouts should be updated. I will try to dig problems a bit
> further today and appreciate any help in this direction.
>
> For those who would like to look into them two the command to start
> the tests is
> ant -Dtest.suites="hdk,ega" install setup run or ant
> -Dtest.suites="hdk,ehwa" install setup run

I've done quite a bit of testing on the IBM VME and the class libraries
seem to be standing up well.  I'm trying to reproduce the EGA windows
hang now with DRLVM.

Unless somebody calls for a halt real soon, I suggest we declare M4 to
be last week's r603534 build and open up the code to fix these new found
issues.

More opinions welcomed.

Regards,
Tim