harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Board report due
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:51:37 GMT
Gregory Shimansky wrote:
> Tim Ellison said the following on 12.12.2007 21:05:
>> Gregory Shimansky wrote:

>>> Yes, what I meant is that now it is possible to debug applications in
>>> default (JIT) mode on x86_64. Previously in M3 this mode worked only
>>> on x86, on x86_64 it was necessary to use -Xint to use interpreter.
>>
>> I'm sorry, that was my fault.  I misunderstood.  So what does 'debug
>> applications in default JIT mode' mean?
>
> It means that debugged application's bytecode is compiled, not interpreted.

So that's what I mean by 'full speed debugging' -- usually written in
quotes since it typically isn't really 'full speed'.  Certain aggressive
JIT optimizations will have to be turned off to permit debugging.

Are we talking about the same thing?

e.g. http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/jpda/enhancements.html#fsd

Regards,
Tim