harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][nio] jetty corrupts big static files
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 16:31:19 GMT
Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
> So far I've managed to reproduce this issue on SLES10 and
> epoll()-based Selector. There are really weird results difference
> between RHEL and SLES on the same build - I'm looking into the
> differences on the native side calls now. As far as you might be more
> familiar with legacy selector code, you might try to reproduce and
> catch the problem there, then we can sync our visions on what's going

Aleksey,

It looks like the code in NIO selector could do with a good review, and
at minimum a few comments if not a partial redesign to tidy up the data
structures and which locks are required for which, etc.

Given this is not a regression from M3, I suggest we downgrade it from
critical to major, and put off any significant reworking until after the
milestone.

WDYT?

Tim