harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][luni] Problems merging TreeMap to Java 6 branch
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 14:13:02 GMT
I just took a look at merging the latest changes into the Java 6 branch,
and see that there is a collision in java.util.TreeMap and TreeSet.

We had two contributions,

HARMONY-4124  [classlib][luni][java6]TreeMap update to java 6

HARMONY-5232  [classlib][luni] TreeMap bug fixing and performance
improvements

which have introduced a discontinuity in the two implementations.

I'd like to ask Sergey and Jimmy if these can be reconciled -- I don't
think TreeMap changed so significantly between Java 5 and Java 6.  It
would be good to keep these in sync.

Regards,
Tim