harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Chow" <simon.harm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][general] Multi-tasking VM?
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:02:00 GMT
Yes, I agree that.

But I think MVM's feature of sharing class runtime representations across
applications' can make many apps benefit not only at startup phases, but
also at runtime.

Besides these, I guess processes scheduling may be useful when running 2
related programs like server and database.
And migration Java processes between defferent JVMs would be useful for load
balance and reliability in distributed enviroment.

Ok, it may be useless idea in practice. But if all these things can be
achived just by MVM. Is it valuable to do it?

Thanks for your comments!