harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject [classlib] dependencies (was [announce-crypto] IMPORTANT - linking directly to downloadable files.)
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:52:30 GMT

Perhaps we need to mirror the bcprov.jar somewhere?  Anyone have any
bright ideas?

-Mark.

------- Forwarded Message

Subject: [announce-crypto] IMPORTANT - linking directly to downloadable files.
From: David Hook <dgh@bund.com.au>
To: dev-crypto@bouncycastle.org
Cc: announce-crypto@bouncycastle.org
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:41:23 +1100

Hi all,

we're starting to have a few issues with applications that link directly
to the BC jars and other artifacts such as webstart based applications
and I guess the odd ant script. The problem is there are now so many
that they are effectively DOS'ing our server.

If you have currently got an application which is downloading a jar or
other file directly from the BC web site please mirror the file locally
if you can - please leave the bandwidth for people who are trying to
pick up a release by hand.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Regards,

David

PS. Anyone interested in acting as a public mirror please drop me a
line.

------- End of Forwarded Message