harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Eugene Ostrovsky" <eugene.s.ostrov...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Regression caused by compressed VTable pointers
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2007 17:39:52 GMT
I agree with Mikhail and Tim.
Stress tests are intended to make stress. A stress test that was
simplified to make him pass is useless.

Xiao-Feng Li wrote:
> I guess it should be easy to have a resizable pool for Vtables by preserving bigger address
space for it.

What do you mean by 'preserving'?
If we preallocate memory for a pool it can't be called 'resizable'
IMHO even if it is really huge.

How much do you propose to increase the pool? 2 times? 10 times?

Thanks,
Eugene.