harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Eugene Ostrovsky" <eugene.s.ostrov...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm] Regression caused by compressed VTable pointers
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 13:39:01 GMT
Hi all!

We have a regression in stress test suite:

The problem is that in compressed VTable pointers mode (which is
default for x86_64 platforms) number of classes that VM could load is
limited by the size of VTable memory pool = 8 MB. VM  crashes because
VT pool is overflowed when the test tries to load about 34000 classes.
(VTable for each class is >= 232 B)

It seems that we need smarter memory management for VTables in compressed mode.
Or probably we should disable compressed VTable pointers at all.

Proposals are welcome.

Thanks,
Eugene.