harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Yang Paulex" <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [luni] Luni experts in China? HARMONY-5092!
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 08:04:19 GMT
2007/11/12, Jimmy,Jing Lv <firepure@gmail.com>:

> Hi All,
>
>      I've just looked into 5092. The second problem "canRead" seems a
> bug of file path encode. A simple fix to this is apply a unicode
> converting in getPlatformIsWriteOnly, use CreateFileW instead of
> CreateFile, which is similar with Harmony-4794 (Thanks Alexei !)
>
>      Another extra finding is that we have a convert method in hyfile.c:
> void convert_path_to_unicode(struct HyPortLibrary * portLibrary, const
> char *path,
>              wchar_t **pathW)
>     But it is NOT exported, as a result, we have to copy the method
> into current target helper.c (it does have a convert method mangle,
> but doesnot work well). Maybe we can re-use it as a util method?

I'm always confused by the helpers.c, what's its purpose? seems it contains
several platform dependent io/network utilities, most of which are only used
once. On the other hand, there are platform specific OSFileSystem<OSType>.c,
OSNetWorkSystem<OSType>.c, hyfile.c, etc, basically for same purpose.

IMO, the best solution is to encapsulate them into portlib, if for some
reason not possible, at least make the similar functions locate in same
source file.

    I've try the test of first problem, but it works well on my
> desktop. Do I miss something here?

It's reproducible on my desktop. Seems swing module has its own
java.io.Fileextension named as WinFile, and it overrides the
listFiles() method for
unknown reasons. still looking what's happening there...

    Leo: Are you looking at this?  I'll apply a fix if you dont have time?
> :)
>
> 2007/11/11, Alexei Zakharov <alexei.zakharov@gmail.com>:
> > Guys,
> >
> > Please note, that have already fixed something like this once as part
> > of HARMONY-4794 ([classlib][luni] unable to create file with Asian
> > characters in name)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Alexei
> >
> > 2007/11/11, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com>: