harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build] Post-build relocation for Harmony
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:51:42 GMT
> On 11/23/07, Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > The change won't work for federated build and thus won't be applied to
> > official releases.
> > The problem is in the execution order of "deploy.canonical" and
> > "deploy.relocate": the federated build only takes contents of
> > canonical.deploy.dir which is not relocated.
> > I corrected this at r597555.
> >

> Hi Alexey,
>
> I didn't look deeply into the issue and the fix - I only caught your
> comment and the diff. IMO your correction is not quite correct. Your
> comment say:
>
> "deploy.canonical should be the last build action"
>
> And the diff:
>     <target name="build" depends="setup, init, set.target.to.build,
>                                     process.components, fill.up.deploy,
> -                                    deploy.canonical, deploy.relocate" />
> +                                    deploy.relocate,deploy.canonical" />
>
> I think 'deploy.canonical' target dependencies should be adjusted
> instead of changing dependencies order. The build shouldn't rely on
> how ANT enqueue targets to be executed.

Stepan,

IMO this consideration is not applicable to this particular case:
'deploy.canonical' is an optional target w/o any dependency (it might
depend on the "build" itself but I'm not sure how Ant would handle
circular dependencies). And the relocation is expected to work for
both standalone and federated builds.
Hope this clarifies the point.

Thanks,
Alexey