harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][auth]Problem to get TGT by des-cbc-md5 encrytype from MIT Krb5-1.5.4 KDC on suse 10.
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 13:56:57 GMT

> Leo Li wrote:
> > Hi, all
> >      I am now setting up the environment for JGSS, but I encountered a
> > problem here: The MIT KDC seems does not support the des-cbc-md5
> encryptype.
> <big snip>
>
> </shrug> sorry Leo, I don't know -- but maybe the people over on Apache
> Directory Services may have more experience in this area.

   I have asked them but they are also not sure why.:)
   According to the spec, this encrytype should be acknowledged. I guess it
has been abandoned because it is relatively not so safe in with the
evolvement of kerberos implementation. And I am not sure the influence of
modern Selinux and PAM on new version of linux. I will have a try to install
MIT Krb5-1.3* on redhat 7.2 and see if it works.:)

Good luck

--
Leo Li
China Software Development Lab, IBM