harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Pervov" <pmcfi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][vm]question about the execution of a method
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:57:33 GMT
Hello,

When VM executes in JIT mode, JIT always insert a call to an address of a
method. If a method was never executed this address points to compilation
stub for a method. If the method is native - binding is performed and call
site is patched to point to native method instead of compilation stub. If
the method is a java method - then compilation is launced for this method
and after it finishes successfully, call site is also patched to point to
compiled method instead of compilation stub.

All details are located in working_vm/vm/vmcore/src/jit/compile.cpp as
Alexei F have pointed out.

--
Pavel Pervov,