harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Google Android
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:14:40 GMT
Hello Dan, all,

I want to express my thanks to Android team for making a great
product, and special thanks to a guy who convinced Google people
around him to try Harmony and my code within on the later stage of the
project. Since my code mostly resided at DRLVM and I admire VM
modularity [1], I wonder if there any possibility of code reuse
between DRLVM and Dalvik.

Which chances have JIT, GC, a verifier, or any other part of DRLVM to
be reused? Are you interested in developing common runtime building
blocks in Apache? I was a bit terrified by Android license [2] to dig
deeper into Dalvik to make suggestions on code reuse myself.

With best regards, Alexei

[2] You agree that Google (or Google's licensors) own all legal right,
title and interest in and to the SDK, including any intellectual
property rights [...] Until the SDK is released under an open source
license, you may not extract the source code [...]

--
With best regards,
Alexei,