harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] make the tests structure comply with our testing conventions
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:09:01 GMT
Hello,
Thinking a bit further didn't help me to improve the understanding.
How can we put the following examples into the testing convention?
<modulename>/src/test/api/java.injected
<modulename>/src/test/api/windows
<modulename>/src/test/api/linux

How might platform-dependent or package-private tests fit into api
subcategory instead of impl? The Java specification which is a
backbone for implementation-independent tests is by design
platform-independent and doesn't expose package-private information.

Risking inhibiting a creative potential and an interest of this thread
I'd like to suggest the following solution which collapses two
descriptive directory layers into one:

// implementation-independent tests
<modulename>/src/test/api
// platform-independent implementation-dependent tests
<modulename>/src/test/impl
// tests which should be injected into the bootclasspath
<modulename>/src/test/boot
// windows-specific tests
<modulename>/src/test/windows
// linux-specific tests