harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] make the tests structure comply with our testing conventions
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 19:46:07 GMT
Thanks Tim, testing gurus,
I was looking into testing conventions [1] and got the practical question:

--- citation starts ---

Tests are not separated by functionality under test, for example,
tests against clone() methods are NOT separated from tests against
equals() methods. Classpath tests are separated from bootclasspath
tests on a directory level:

<modulename>/src/test/api/java - Classpath tests
<modulename>/src/test/api/java.injected - Bootclasspath testsFind more
details below.

Some modules might have platform specific tests that are in the case
separated on a directory level:

<modulename>/src/test/api/common
<modulename>/src/test/api/windows
<modulename>/src/test/api/linux

--- citation ends ---

Imaging I have all kinds of tests, e.g. platform-specific, injected to
the boot classpath, etc. Where should I put MyTest.java

   under src/test/api/common or under src/test/api/java?

Or should I nest common under java? Or maybe we should just replace
common with java, shouldn't we? I volunteer to prepare a patch to the
web site when we agree on.

[1] http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/classlibrary/testing.html

--
With best regards,