harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "junguo pu" <pojo...@gmail.com>
Subject EIOffice Bundle on Linux, download and test
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 06:57:02 GMT
Hello, all

We, Evermore Software Inc., provide a EIOffice Bundle on Linux, you can
download from
IP: ftp://218.90.147.70/4.2.1288.101EN.IH03.T1.tar.gz
userID: EverMore-Harmony
password:Keijweaw

up bundle is based on Harmony JRE

And also you can get the version based on SUN JRE at
http://www.evermoresw.com/weben/download/eioffice_for_trial.jsp

this is 30 Day Free Trail Version.

So you can comapre the two different versions's performance. If EIOffice
crash or run incorrectly, you can see the detail in log file "
EIOfficelog.txt" at /root.

EIOffice will have a default version JRE, if you install defaultly, you will
find it at /usr/local/Evermore/EIOffice. You can instead of it by your own
version. Harmony JRE default version is 26th Nov's version.

Here, thanks for Harmony to give us a chance to try other VM, it tastes
nicely, you can run the basic scenarios. New binder, type words, scroll,
change font, slide's play, save and open, and many other operations. BE
PATIENT, a little slowly.

Although it runs okey, I think Harmony is not good as SUN JDK, such as,
functions support (picture decode, we use it to display our beautiful ui,
saddly, harmony let me down). You can try it yourself, and you will believe
what I said.

I believe Harmony will be more and more better, maybe EIOffice will do some
help. But I don't think update EIOffice frequently is a good idea, feedback
and discuss are needed.

Jorcco Poo
11/30 2007