harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Qiu" <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] make the tests structure comply with our testing conventions
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 02:26:21 GMT
2007/11/28, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com>:

> Hello,
> Thinking a bit further didn't help me to improve the understanding.
> How can we put the following examples into the testing convention?
> <modulename>/src/test/api/java.injected
> <modulename>/src/test/api/windows
> <modulename>/src/test/api/linux

As mentioned by Tim earlier, the reason is based on their history of some
being written early, some contributed, etc.

IMHO, the confusion is caused by how we define *API* test.
According to the *spec*? Or according to the behavior of *RI*
The spec sounds fine in theory, but there do exist some functions  that are
platform dependent.
Such as the some functions of File, their behavior will vary in different
platform in RI which is not mentioned in spec.
In this case, we will test them according to the behavior of RI by
tridition.
where should we put this api test to ?

I agree that it is time to tide them up now before their scale become out of
control.
IMHO, we need to reach a common consensus on the strcture for our test
before we start.

--
Sean Qiu
http://xiaoxia.turendui.com