harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Qiu" <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject [buildtest] Shall we consider Maven as a BTI framework dependence?
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 07:37:03 GMT
Maven[1] is a popular software project management and comprehension tool.
Many apache projects are maintained by maven now.

We may integrate more applications into our BTI as what we have done to
Geronimo.
Geronimo will download and install Maven as a part of its adaptor[2].
Other applications cannot utilize the Maven.

Every applications that use Maven need to do the duplicate download and
install work.
So shall we consider Maven as a BTI framework dependence?
Shall we move Maven to ${bti-root}/script/parameters.xml external [3]?
Just take maven as a bti framework dependence as well as crurse-control and
ant-contrib.
Consequently, other applications using maven can using maven through ${
ext.maven.location}.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/
[2]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/buildtest/branches/2.0/tests/gut/build.xml