harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Qiu" <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject [buildtest] Download dependence according to OS type
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 06:16:56 GMT
Hi, BTI gurus

As we know, some tests need to start a server before process testing, such
as our jetty scenario test.
The question is sometimes the server isn't always implemented by java. It
may be platform-dependent.

Shall we add a new parameter to the dependence module of BTI? Such as

    <external>
        <my-dependency-windows
            url="http://host.of/my-dependency.zip"
            md5="87A617D7E65979AE01B5ACE4649EB40B"
            dir="my-dep-dir"
            inc="*/lib/*.jar"
           os="windows"
        />
    </external>

    <external>
        <my-dependency-linux
            url="http://host.of/my-dependency.zip"
            md5="87A617D7E65979AE01B5ACE4649EB40B"
            dir="my-dep-dir"
            inc="*/lib/*.jar"
           os="linux"
        />
    </external>

In this case, BTI can download only one of them according to the current
operating system.
Does it make sense?  Or just find a java-implemented platform-independent
alternative?

--
Sean Qiu
China Software Development Lab, IBM