harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Bornstein" <danf...@google.com>
Subject Re: [general] Google Android
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 01:35:52 GMT
On Nov 26, 2007 8:03 PM, Nathan Beyer <nbeyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hopefully the modularity of the class library is helping in this
> arena.

I believe it is.

> Any comments or thoughts on the breakdown of the class library
> modules would be appreciated.

I don't think we have any deep insights to share. But, just for the
record, when we switched over to the module-based layout, we had a bit
of grumbling from two camps: (a) the "manual" camp that was unhappy
about having to navigate the extra few layers of directory hierarchy
before hitting paydirt and (b) the IDE camp that was unhappy about
having to set up a bunch of extra "source paths."

I think the pain was worth the benefits, but I think we will all have
an even better idea one we actually try to synch up the code between
the two projects.

-dan