harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Bornstein" <danf...@google.com>
Subject Re: [general] Google Android
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 01:20:51 GMT
On Nov 27, 2007 4:05 AM, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The best way to funnel bug reports into the project is to post them to
> > the Android Developer list
>
> Reading that list I see a few bugs reported against the Harmony code
> that I know have been fixed since the code was picked up.
>
> Therefore :
>  - it's good to hear that the plan is to refresh the Harmony code in
> Android at some point to get those fixes,
>  - it would be good to redirect some of the bug reports into the Harmony
> JIRA system so we can help fix them for everyone.

Absolutely agreed, especially to the general notion that the Android
project should aim to be a good source for both bug reports and
potential fixes. However, I doubt it's wise for Android to start
punting bugs to Harmony by default at this point, because — as we all
know — Harmony has progressed beyond what was released in the Android
SDK. Again, I and my colleagues appreciate your patience while we get
better organized on this front.

To the extent that you (any of you) are interested, and to the extent
that you think it would help, please do feel free to pipe up on the
android-developers list if you see a report go by about a bug you
already know about.

-dan