harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Bornstein" <danf...@google.com>
Subject Re: [general] Google Android
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 01:12:19 GMT
On Nov 27, 2007 6:13 AM, Weldon Washburn <weldonwjw@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does Android use the source files in
> working_classlib/modules/luni-kernel directory or a completely
> different approach?

We use most of the files in luni-kernel, with one or two extras,
including our own native code.

> Does Android use the source files in working_classlib/modules/portlib
> or a completely different approach?

We aren't currently using portlib. We bottom out directly to
Posix-compatible calls. (Dalvik is only meant to be portable between
Posix-compatible systems, so we don't need yet another porting layer
at that level.)

> Does Andriod use vmmagic from the Jikes project?

No. We have our own implementation of sun.misc.Unsafe (which we would
have to have anyway to support the canonical source of
java.util.concurrent, which we include). I *think* that covers the
same territory as VMMagic.

-dan