harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build] Post-build relocation for Harmony
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2007 05:37:54 GMT
On 11/23/07, Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> The change won't work for federated build and thus won't be applied to
> official releases.
> The problem is in the execution order of "deploy.canonical" and
> "deploy.relocate": the federated build only takes contents of
> canonical.deploy.dir which is not relocated.
> I corrected this at r597555.

Hi Alexey,

I didn't look deeply into the issue and the fix - I only caught your
comment and the diff. IMO your correction is not quite correct. Your
comment say:

"deploy.canonical should be the last build action"

And the diff:
     <target name="build" depends="setup, init, set.target.to.build,
                                     process.components, fill.up.deploy,
-                                    deploy.canonical, deploy.relocate" />
+                                    deploy.relocate,deploy.canonical" />

I think 'deploy.canonical' target dependencies should be adjusted
instead of changing dependencies order. The build shouldn't rely on
how ANT enqueue targets to be executed.

Thanks,
Stepan.