harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [buildtest] Shall we consider Maven as a BTI framework dependence?
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:55:59 GMT
Hi Sean,

On 11/21/07, Sean Qiu <sean.xx.qiu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maven[1] is a popular software project management and comprehension tool.
> Many apache projects are maintained by maven now.
>
> We may integrate more applications into our BTI as what we have done to
> Geronimo.
> Geronimo will download and install Maven as a part of its adaptor[2].
> Other applications cannot utilize the Maven.
>
> Every applications that use Maven need to do the duplicate download and
> install work.

Yes, this should be fixed. I think that the script[2] for Geronimo
should delegate Maven downloading and installing to the BTI framework.

> So shall we consider Maven as a BTI framework dependence?
> Shall we move Maven to ${bti-root}/script/parameters.xml external [3]?
> Just take maven as a bti framework dependence as well as crurse-control and
> ant-contrib.

I wouldn't consider it as the framework dependence - there are suites
that don't depends on Maven. So in many cases Maven shouldn't be
downloaded and installed.

> Consequently, other applications using maven can using maven through ${
> ext.maven.location}.

Yes, as I said this can be achieved by delegating all work to BTI (i.e
adding Maven to
${bti-root}/adaptors/gut/parameters.xml ). Then the framework will
care about downloading and installing it. If another suite depends on
Maven then it should declare in its parameters.xml Maven as external
dependency. This will let to avoid duplicate download work.

Thanks,
Stepan.