harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject [testing] Warning: no successful snapshot builds for 2 weeks!
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 08:46:24 GMT
Hi,

Some time ago there was a thread about publishing successful snapshots
builds[1].
We agreed that successful build is the build which passed:
classlib tests, drlvm and drlvm-regression tests, jdktools tests
and Eclipse hello world application scenario on Linux/Windows ia32 platform.

Also there was suggestion (that I fully support) that if there hasn't
been a 'successful' build for more than 2 weeks we should stop and fix
it.

The last such build was r590919 from Nov 1. According to the integrity
testing report we won't have successful build this weekend. Also there
is big degradation on Windows 64 bits platform.

I think that it make sense to have stabilization period right now. I'd
suggest that during this period we shouldn't commit any new
functionality or do code redesign. Only bug fixes for current bugs.

Objection? Thoughts?

[1] http://markmail.org/message/ughx6xj655cchyzg

Thanks,
Stepan Mishura