harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems about the harmony
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 03:14:41 GMT
Hi,

     Thanks for your feedback :)

2007/11/29, junguo pu <pojocco@gmail.com>:
> I am the resposibel group leader of Evermore.
> Having worked on harmony(Linux) for some days, we found that harmony is not
> stable. Here I will say something from the macro aspect.
>
> 1.first of all it doesn't provide the install version for users. If user
> downloads the version from the web, he should deploy the environment
> himself, or else harmony will crazy you.

Yes, currently Harmony lacks a installation version, and I remember we
are discussing it on the mailing-list, so we'll build one sooner or
later :).
(However IMHO, a make-install may fit all platforms including masses
of versions of Linux, like many other Linux programs.)

> 2.I don't know how Harmony control his code. Before when they fix their bugs
> one day, but it will happen again another day. You'll see the previous code.

Hmm, I don't know what happens here, maybe there's some committer do
some regression. Harmony uses svn repository to control this code and
JIRA system to control bugs and patches. Maybe a good way to follow is
update svn repository and build everyday :) (Harmony release
Milestones, but can not guarantee bug-free in the milestones, and you
may need to patch the milestone build if you need to fix some bugs.)

> 3.The most important thing is we can't debug our program, which is a
> magnificent and complex program, although you can debug a small smoothly.

Hmm, what vm are you using? I'm using IBMVME and debug smoothly on my
desktop, and I remember when I try DRLVM a couple of weeks ago,  it
can be debuged. Maybe there's something wrong here with your
configuration? May some DRLVM guru help you out here. :)

> To be continued.

Thanks again for the feedback and we are looking forward more, these
do help Harmony grow faster, build more robust, and make it easier to
use! :)

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv