harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [luni] Luni experts in China? HARMONY-5092!
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 06:40:42 GMT
Hi All,

     I've just looked into 5092. The second problem "canRead" seems a
bug of file path encode. A simple fix to this is apply a unicode
converting in getPlatformIsWriteOnly, use CreateFileW instead of
CreateFile, which is similar with Harmony-4794 (Thanks Alexei !)

     Another extra finding is that we have a convert method in hyfile.c:
void convert_path_to_unicode(struct HyPortLibrary * portLibrary, const
char *path,
	     wchar_t **pathW)
    But it is NOT exported, as a result, we have to copy the method
into current target helper.c (it does have a convert method mangle,
but doesnot work well). Maybe we can re-use it as a util method?

    I've try the test of first problem, but it works well on my
desktop. Do I miss something here?

    Leo: Are you looking at this?  I'll apply a fix if you dont have time? :)

2007/11/11, Alexei Zakharov <alexei.zakharov@gmail.com>:
> Guys,
>
> Please note, that have already fixed something like this once as part
> of HARMONY-4794 ([classlib][luni] unable to create file with Asian
> characters in name)
>
> Thanks,
> Alexei
>
> 2007/11/11, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com>:
> > Thank you, Leo!
> >
> > SY, Alexey

> > >    I have tried it on my Windows XP. And it shows that HARMONY really has
> > > some problem to treat with chinese words in filename.:)
> > >    I will have a look at it.

> > > --
> > > Leo Li

Best Regards!