harmony-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Deciding a date for Milestone 4
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 05:47:33 GMT
 One of the new features in DRLVM in this milestone is support for native 64
bit references( we only supported 32 bit compressed references on 64 bit
architecture before and therefore accessibility upto 4GB ). Almost all the
feature work is done and committed The pending change is in Harmony-5098.
Pretty sure that it will be done reviewing/changes and will get committed by
Nov 30, but it may spill over by a day or two. Just a heads up.


On 11/25/07, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com> wrote:
> So if we agree on producing M4 on Fri Dec 14th, then working back from
> that date we have:
> Code freeze on Fri Dec 7th.  Feature freeze on Fri Nov 30th .
> So this coming week is the last chance to consider any new features or
> major areas of functionality for inclusion in this milestone.
> After Fri 30 Nov our focus is on bug fixing, testing, and stabilizing
> the code ready for the milestone.
> After Fri Dec 7th the code is frozen, meaning we are all testing and
> discussing must-fix bugs that have a serious impact on declaring the
> milestone.  Defining a bug as "must-fix" requires (at least) two
> committers during the freeze period (of course, everyone's opinion is
> encouraged).  We aim that this period is no more than a week, but we
> will move the date if necessary to achieve the required quality.
> i.e., business as usual <g>
> Regards,
> Tim
> Spark Shen wrote:
> > Agree.
> >
> > 2007/11/23, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com>:
> >> I think we should agree a date to release our fourth stable milestone
> >> build.  There have been lots of good fixes and enhancements made
> >> throughout the code, and while we have been doing well at maintaining
> >> stability in 'head', I believe that many users wait for a declared
> >> milestone before moving up.
> >>
> >> I propose that we aim for declaring M4 on Friday Dec 14th.  That is
> >> three weeks from today.
> >>
> >> That date gives us some buffer to overrun if we need it before the
> >> holiday period gets into full swing.  Once get near the end of December
> >> and start of January there are many people taking a well-earned break,
> >> and it will be harder to close out a release.
> >>
> >> To get in practice for an official release, I suggest we also try to
> >> complete the full set of rel eng tasks, like release notes, download
> >> signing, and announcements that we haven't been so good at in the past.
> >>
> >> What do you think?
> >> Tim
> >>
> >
> >
> >

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message