harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][misc] Could we make ObjectAccessor.getInstance() public?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 02:35:16 GMT
On Nov 16, 2007 7:03 AM, Xiao-Feng Li <xiaofeng.li@gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrew, what's the supposed real use of this interface? Are there any
> important applications depending on this feature? Or it's only your
> personal interests?

Hi,

An existing application depends on this feature, but I can't say it's
important.
I don't think java developers want to distribute their product as jars +
.so/.dll. Since Harmony has the java side wrapper,  package friend is also
not the problem. The application is using reflection for this functionality
for other platforms.

Well, if it conflicts with our current convention, just ignore my
suggestion. Thanks.